Live Casino Hold’em
Unlike the traditional forms of Texas Hold’em Poker where the players compete against other players, Live Casino Hold’em is played against the dealer, which allows many players to compete at the same time. Live Casino Hold’em is a highly interactive table game which provides the players with an immersive live gaming experience enabling both the dealers and the players to communicate with each other at any given point in time via the live chat feature available on the gaming screen. In short, this table game involves just three things: cards, casino chips and intuition.
Rules of Live Casino Hold’em
The game begins with players placing a bet or “ante” in front of the seats they occupy. They can choose their bet size by clicking on the chip denoting the value they wish to wager. There is also the option of making a bonus bet.
After the antes and optional bonus bets are placed, the dealer deals two hole cards to each player and two cards face down to their own position. Three shared community cards are then dealt which the players can use in their final five-card hand.
At this point, the dealer places a bet and players choose to call or fold. If you fold, you forfeit your ante (and bonus bet, if you have made one) and take no further part in the hand. If you call, the dealer then deals two more community cards. The best five-card poker hand made from any combination of the community cards and two hole cards wins.
During a game of Live Casino Hold’em, the player is presented with two decisions: one to make a decision before and one after the first set of cards are dealt.
Ante: In order to play a hand, the player must wager an ante before any cards are dealt
Bonus bet: Before the cards are dealt, the players must place an optional bonus bet. This pays out from 7:1 to 100:1 on certain winning hands.
Call: After the first round of cards are dealt, the dealer places a bet and you have the option to call. This bet is twice the size of your ante and is placed on top of the ante.
Fold: Alternatively, the player may also fold after the first round of cards and forfeit their ante, as well as any bonus bet they may have made previously.
Outcome of the Game
- The dealer must have a pair of 4s or higher to qualify.
- You win if the dealer doesn’t qualify. The Ante bet is paid out according to the payout table, but the Call bet is returned to you.
- You win if the dealer’s hand qualifies and dealer’s hand is lower than yours. The Ante bet is paid out according to the payout table and the Call bet pays 1:1.
- You lose if the dealer’s hand qualifies and dealer’s hand is higher than yours. You lose both your Ante bet and your Call bet.
- It is a ‘Push’ when you and the dealer have exactly the same hand. A ‘Push’ means nobody wins or loses. You get back your Ante bet and Call bet.
- If you and the dealer have hands of the same type, the one that includes the card of highest value wins (e.g. three Kings beats three Queens; a flush of Q, J, 10, 9, 8 beats a flush of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6).
- When you and the dealer tie, the next highest card that is not part of the paying hand, known as the ‘Kicker’, determines the winner.
SummaryName: Live Casino Hold’em
Author: Charles Richter
Published Date: 14/12/2018