Live Baccarat is exactly like the traditional Baccarat. The aim of the player is to beat the dealer by a hand value close to 9. This table game is played with eight decks of 52 cards. In the game of Baccarat, the only decision a player takes is whether to bet on the player or the banker. The Baccarat game is solely based on the game of chance.
The game of Baccarat is usually played in a big rectangular table comprising of 12-14 players. A shoe comprising of eight decks of cards are shuffled and the players place their bets either on the banker’s hand or on the player’s hand. Jacks, Queens, Kings and Tens are of zero value, Aces are counted as 1 and the other cards have their own face values.
After the bet has been placed, the player whose cards value is close to nine is declared as the winner, which is popularly termed as ‘natural win’.
The player may also draw a third card, if the value of his cards is below 8 and if the value of the banker’s cards is not 8-9, in which case the banker automatically becomes the winner.
Key Points to Understand Baccarat Better
It is to be kept in mind that in the game of Baccarat, there are only three possible sequels – Player win, Banker win or a Tie. To play efficiently, it is important that you keep a proper count of your cards as it plays a very crucial role in placing the bets. As Baccarat is solely a game of luck, it is important that the players –
- Master the rules of betting as specified by the online casino
- Check the minimum bets available
- Don’t continue to bet, if you think you have the chances of winning
- If possible, use the demo mode version of Baccarat available to revise the rules of the game
Does the Baccarat Game Involve any Strategy?
In Baccarat, no strategy can influence the players’ take on cards neither can they predict the outcome of the game as it is highly influenced by instincts. It is based on intuition that the player places his bets.
Simplified Baccarat Rules
- The game of Baccarat is hosted by the live dealer with eight standard 52-card decks.
- The dealer begins by dealing two cards each to the Player and to the Banker.
- Prior to each deal, the players must place his bet either on the Player or the Banker and will win the round by having the hand with a value closest to 9. The players also have the option to bet whether the round will end in a Tie, which occurs when both the Player and Banker hold hands of equal value.
- Two hands are dealt in Baccarat: one hand to the Player and one hand to the Banker.
- If the Player and Banker hold hands of equal value, the round ends in a tie. The Tie bet wins, and bets on the Player and Banker push (are returned).
- Each hand’s value is calculated by dropping the tens digit in a hand otherwise worth 11 or more. For example, a 7 and a 9 is only worth 6 in Baccarat because 16-10=6. Similarly, a face card plus a 9 will be worth 9.
- If the Player or the Banker receives an initial two-card hand worth 8 or a 9 (a “natural” 8 or 9), no additional cards will be dealt with either hand.
- If the Player and Banker receive initial two-card hands worth 0-7, the “Third Card Rule” is applied to determine whether the third card is to be dealt with either hand or both hands. But the Player always goes first.
SummaryName: Live Baccarat
Author: Charles Richter
Published Date: 14/12/2018